At Okemos Community Church, we support many missions and organizations in both the Lansing area community and also across the USA and Internationally. Each month a different organization is chosen to receive funds from our weekly offerings. Below you will see several opportunities for giving.
Your contributions can be given to support:
Okemos Community Church Funds
OCC General Fund
- Supports the day to day operating of the church and staff
Pastor's Discretionary Fund
- Used for emergency funding for individuals usually at the request of Christian Services or Meridian Township
- Enables purchases of items like benches, landscaping, plaques, and sometimes updates within the church in memory of a loved one.
- We are a strong and growing Endowment that supports project requests submitted by church leaders and committees. Our grant dollars enhance OCC's religious life and programs, and the vitality of its ministry.
- Housed inside Okemos Community Church, the pantry feeds the food insecure in the 48864 zip code and operates within the Greater Lansing Food Bank guidelines.
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
Cass Community Services
Nyaka Children's Fund
Rebuilding Tri-County Together
Love Clothing Center
Helping Women Period
Haven House/ Loaves & Fishes
November Mission Focus:
Operation Santa is a gift program for children in need in the Lansing area. Groups are paired with schools (OCC sponsors Lyons Elementary). Children and their families are identified by teachers.
OCC has provided help for 70-75 children in past years. The plan this year is to provide a gift card for each school-age child for $75, younger children in the family (0-3 years old), for $50. The Family will choose what kind of card (Amazon, Walmart, or Meijer) which will be purchased through the OCC Scrip program, so a bonus comes back for Mission projects.
Teachers have been contacted and will identify the families most in need by October 30. Cards will be ordered the first week in November so they can be distributed to the families by mid-November providing enough time to shop for Christmas.
So whether you were an Elf that chose a card, shopped, and wrapped OR an Elf who did not like to shop and donated funds, you can still be Santa and make Christmas happen for deserving families at Lyons Elementary.
Thank you for adjusting your holiday giving patterns.
Our mailing address:
P.O. Box 680
Okemos, Michigan 48805