At Okemos Community Church, we support many missions and organizations in both the Lansing area community and also across the USA and Internationally. Each month a different organization is chosen to receive funds from our weekly offerings. Below you will see several opportunities for giving.
Your contributions can be given to support:
Okemos Community Church Funds
OCC General Fund
- Supports the day to day operating of the church and staff
Pastor's Discretionary Fund
- Used for emergency funding for individuals usually at the request of Christian Services or Meridian Township
- Enables purchases of items like benches, landscaping, plaques, and sometimes updates within the church in memory of a loved one.
- We are a strong and growing Endowment that supports project requests submitted by church leaders and committees. Our grant dollars enhance OCC's religious life and programs, and the vitality of its ministry.
- Housed inside Okemos Community Church, the pantry feeds the food insecure in the 48864 zip code and operates within the Greater Lansing Food Bank guidelines.
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
Cass Community Services
Nyaka Children's Fund
Rebuilding Tri-County Together
Love Clothing Center
Helping Women Period
Haven House/ Loaves & Fishes
February Mission Focus:
Midwest Mission Distribution Center
Midwest Mission Distribution Center (MMDC) provides opportunities for individuals and groups of all walks of life, denominational backgrounds, abilities, and ages to help provide disaster relief, education and medical supplies to those in need both locally, nationally and internationally.
The 8-acre campus located in southern Illinois has several workshops to carry out their mission. Desks are constructed in a wood shop and shipped to mission schools in other countries. A sewing machine shop repairs machines that are then shipped overseas providing a livelihood for recipients. Bicycles are in demand as a mode of transportation so MMDC collects bikes, repairs them, and distributes them nationally and internationally.
In addition to cash donations, MMDC accepts supplies to fill kits for various needs:
- School supplies to fill book bags that a sewn by volunteers (including OCC)
- Flood buckets filled with cleaning supplies send to areas that have experienced a flood, hurricane or other disasters
- Personal dignity kits with shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
The work is done mostly by volunteers who come from all over the US to serve (including OCC Mission Teams!). MMDC is a cooperating depot in the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) Relief Supply Network. For those receiving the supplies, they are bringing hope that someone somewhere loves them.
Our mailing address:
P.O. Box 680
Okemos, Michigan 48805